Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Clear Skin

Bad acne? Bleeeh, get outta here! Many people may not have known this previously, but I had really bad acne issues since the age of 15! At times it got so bad that I couldn't even bare to look at myself. For an outsider looking in it may seem ridiculous to see someone like me so upset over such a thing, but it's a nightmare! I tried every possible thing including Proactive. My skin is now far from perfect, but I am much more content with it. Truth is, there is NO product out there that is 100% guaranteed! Being no stranger to acne, I have a few products and tips I always like to share. I know how  having bad skin really affects a gals selfesteem. Here are some affordable things that worked for ME and may also work for YOU...

The Clean and Clear advantage acne control kit is the first product I tried and fell in love with. I felt it working within the first times I used it. It comes with a cleanser, moisturizer, and a small acid acne treatment you can use for individual breakouts (and it really, really helps!). You can find this product in pretty much any store like WalMart, Target, even local pharmacies. If you have tried Proactive and it was too strong for your skin, you MUST try this! This product really reduced and helped prevent my breakouts. By the age of 17 my skin was A LOT better, but I still had many noticeable acne marks on my face which resulted from pinching my skin so much. LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER! KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM YOUR SKIN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! For that I started using a similar Clean and Clear acne and mark eraser kit. Theres a few different kits by Clean and Clear now. You should look them up and see which one would be best for you. 


The product I am using now is the Acne Complex kit my Murad. Now that my skin is better I decided to give this product a try. Ive been using it for about a month now and I really like it. It is very gentle on my skin and I havent had any major break outs since. I use the three step kit Murad offers (cleanser, moisturizer, and liquid treatment) but they have tons of products you should definitely check out! Their clarifying mask is AWESOME. I ordered mine from the infomercials, but you can also order online. I believe they have some of the products at Sephora as well. The three step kit I use is $29.95. A bit pricey, but well worth. 

Now for the best part. Here are two of my favorite home remedies I swear by. 
Aspirin and Lime: If you have any sudden nasty breakout (you know the ugly red ones that hurt so bad) this is something you have to try asap! All you do is get a regular aspirin, PLEASE DONT USE ADVIL OR TYLENOL OR ANYTHING OF THAT SORT, and crush it. I usually do it with the back part of a spoon. Once youve done that, place it in a small cup or container and squeeze the lime juice on it. Mix it with a toothpick until it forms into a paste. Then simply put the paste on the zit and let it sit for at least 30 min (I do it for an hour). Most of the time the zit heals almost completely with one try, but if it doesnt, do it again the next day. 
The next tip I got from one of my favorite Gurus! She goes by the name of Bubz. It's an oatmeal mask I have been doing atleast once a week. Here's the tutorial video!
Last  but NOT least. DRINK WATER! I know it's something we hear all the time and forget to do. Don't just take a sip, but try to drink at least 6-8 cups a day! Your skin needs to be hydrated throughout the day. Trust me, it'll make you feel a lot better! 

<3 Beezy. 

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Oatmeal Mask too and the asprin! That's why I started doing it. Love Love Love!

    Bluebox89

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Thanks for the love. XOXO <3